BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 1

MY SHOES
After I was done with my run my feet hurt
Memo: must by new shoes


Spontaneously I decided that I would do the C25K. I had heard about it before. Several people I know did the program successfully. Here is an explanation of the program (press on the green font to the left to go to the page) in case your curious.


I am mainly doing this blog for myself. To help me remember what this experience was like for me.


I met up with my friend Stephanie yesterday evening to begin the program. She has made up her mind that she was going to do this. I believe in her. So I decided I would join her. She does it with a group of friends from her church. So I really believe that I am in good company.


I knew that I was going to be late on the first day. I mentioned this to her.....as yesterday progressed I knew I was going to be extremely late. I almost talked myself out of going.


You know?....Why show up if your going to be late? What if the group is done by the time I get there?


It came down to the hour and I was late. I felt bad and I had an internal battle....I made up my mind that if I was going to do this I HAD to show up! So I did.


Everyone was almost done with their run/walk. I felt proud of myself for showing up. Yay!!! Go ME!!!


I completed day one. I took my camera and took a few pictures to help me remember this time.







A refreshing drink to keep me going
I will switch to water from here on out
(I just took this along with me because I had some here at the house)


Mr Moon came out shining and greeted me
as I was finishing  Day 1


Yes I can do this....I will succeed. I needed to do something like this.


Let me share a little about myself:


I just turned 40. I am married and I have 6 children ranging from the ages 18 months to 17 years old.
My oldest son Tristan has decided that he is going to do this with me. (He missed day 1 with the group. So tonight will be his Day 1).


Being a Momma 24/7 is hard work. I just feel like I need do something to make me feel like I can accomplish something just for me. I know that being a good Momma is a great accomplishment. So I don't want anyone to think that I don't feel unimportant.


Sometimes Momma's need an outlet to do something just for themselves. Plus there are benefits that come along with the C25K. I will be fit! I know I will feel better about myself. This is just a start of what is to come for me.


If you have taken the time to read this far say a little prayer for me. For God to keep me strong and to be encouraged and motivated. I need some divine strength and endurance.


Philipians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me


Thanks for stopping by, Gloria

0 comments: